February 18, 2016

DIY: Instagram Polaroids & A Free Template!

10 comments , , Share It:
Last week I mentioned a fun DIY project that would be making it to the blog soon & today's the day! This DIY project was inspired by a good friend (I'm looking at you, Kianna!) when she sent me the most adorable letter with an Instax mini photo included! As you can probably tell, I'm a lover of photography and all things miniature (they so cute...and tiny!) yet I can't seem to quite plunge down the money to purchase one of those adorable instant cameras so I came up with this fun & thrifty alternative!

Once I had the template down, it was just a matter of inserting my iPhone photos into it and re-sizing to the right fit. I placed several onto a blank document and had these printed at my local office supply store for less than $4 bucks! Super easy and...I'm including the download link to the template below!


I did this project in Photoshop, but I am sure that with a little investigating, it is even do-able in Gimp, Paint.net or even PicMonkey!

Download Links:
Instax Mini Polaroid Frame Photoshop File
Instax Mini Polaroid Frame PNG File

I first opened up both the Instax Mini "Polaroid" frame template, as well as my iPhone photo files in Photoshop as you can see below.


Using the top toolbar, I clicked "Select"-->"All" to highlight my first photo and then used the move tool to drag the photo on top on the polaroid frame file.



Once it's there, you'll notice that it needs a bit of re-sizing! Easy! Just fix the size by dragging the corner down while hitting the "Shift" key (in order to keep it proportioned!) until it fits within the inside frame but make sure there are no gaps at all!



This is what it should like like before saving!



Using "File" --> "Save As", make sure you save this file as a PNG! You can also use JPEG if you prefer. Repeat this process for as many photos as you want! I then placed all my photos in a blank document & made sure to place them without enlarging them! You'll want to keep them in the size the template is set to otherwise they will be pixelated & not true to size anymore! I was able to fit about 8 into one page!






I had a blast not only making this project but there are countless ways in which to display your photos! By using some washi tape, mini clothespins & a little bit of string, I was able to hang these as a photo garland! Can you imagine how much cuter they would look with some twinkle lights above them? Or simply add double sided sticky tape & hang them as a collage on your wall. There is so many options!

How else can you imagine these photos being displayed? If you do this project, I would love to see photos! 

10 comments:

  1. What a nice idea! I'm liking garlands at the moment, and the little pegs are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Bunting is one of my favorite things!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! Definitely doesn't break the bank & easy to make ;)

      Delete
  3. Aaaaah!! Can I just say how perfect this is?! So. In. Love!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been into scrapbooking/journaling lately & they are perfect for adding on there!

      Delete
  4. LOVE THIS! I love decorating my room with garlands, but for some reason, I haven't strung my instax photos up yet. I will definitely try this for when I run out of film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with photos & garlands for decorating! Hehe :D

      Delete
  5. I love this idea!! Your pictures are fantastic. I love the light. Light is always the main thing I notice in photos and I love how you have manipulated it to perfection. Also, I watched some of your videos because I've gotten so interested in video editing. How do you have so little camera shake? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you liked it :D You think my videos have little camera shake?!?! You should watch some of the first ones I made, I look back and them and cringe on how unsteady my hand was! I don't use any type of rig, so it's mostly trying to keep my hand steady as I can...I learned to press my elbows closer into my body to help the shakiness, and other than that, just try to remind myself to stay still!

      You are too sweet! Your photos are beautiful too! <3 Thank you for commenting, Lottie!

      Delete