July 30, 2015

In Which I Tell You Five Random Facts About Me

13 comments , , , Share It:

The wonderful Jessica from Apples of Gold tagged me the other day to do this blog post & I'm taking my own spin on it & adding five random things about me {that you probably didn't care to know}! Here goes!

1. I'm currently obsessed with printing pictures. I've had 2 offers from Shutterfly for 101 free prints and though I've tried to resist, I end up getting them a couple hours before the offer expires. I just can't resist! They are perfect for hanging on the walls, adding to albums, you name it!

2. I think I finally found my photo style! For several years I've tried to find my photography style and tried so many styles even when I knew they weren't "me" and now instead of fighting what it was all along, I've embraced the fact that I like my photos not overly edited with a touch of brightness and increased contrast..very basic touches and something that truly fits me.

3. I was public schooled my entire life! I graduated several years ago and am so thankful for that! It was a really tough time of my life and I am beyond thankful to my beautiful mom for never letting me quit though I begged her to many times!

4. After a long break from sewing, I am finally feeling re-inspired! I made a knit dress the other day and after a big mistake when trying to draft my own bodice (very big flop), I bought a pattern and I really love it!

5. Shoulders by for King & Country has been my favorite song since I first heard it. And this song just makes me happy :)

And these are the questions that Jessica asks:

1. What's the best thing that has come out of blogging for you? I love the community and friends I've met! Your comments make me happy & I love responding to them! But even if there was no comments, I love how this little space has become my journal & looking back to old posts & seeing those memories is wonderful.

2. What's one thing you've learned recently? My future is in the hands of my Heavenly Father! Men can/will fail but He is always Faithful!

3. Describe yourself in five words. Crafty. Blessed. Optimistic. Photographer. Redeemed.

4. Where is your favorite place to write? Hahaha. Probably nowhere...writing is not my forte. I blame it on school essays :P

5. Do you have a favorite flower? What is it?
Zinnias!

6. Tell us about a book you feel like talking about - any book.
I recently won a book in Alisha's blog party, it is called "One Thing I Desire" and though I haven't received it yet, I am excited to read it!

7.What are you top three tips on how to enjoy life to the fullest?
Enjoy the small things. Trust in the Almighty. Count your blessings!

8. Share something that's inspired you lately - anything: a photo, post, blog, article, book, etc.
I can't seem to think of any right now! This is what happens when I leave a post until late at night...

9. Do you prefer rainy winter days by the fire, or warm summer days at the pool or beach?
Rainy days all the way! Rain is a rarity here in the desert so when we do get it in the winter, I love cuddling up in a warm blanket with a nice cup of coffee while watching a good movie.

10. What's been the best part of your day so far?
I love that I got a lot of sewing done today! Feeling productive is awesome :)

Phew! That was longer than I expected but very fun! Thanks, Jessica for thinking of me & tagging me! If you read this entire post, thank you! Feel free to leave a random fact about you - I'd love to get to know you all!

13 comments:

  1. So loved reading this! Also those five words to describe yourself...perfection! Recently I had to do the same thing, and it was so hard! I'm thinking, "How do I describe my own self? Shouldn't someone else be doing this instead?" ;) But really, it was a very good exercise- you have to OWN who you are, who God has created you to be. No guilty feelings or doubt allowed! <3

    Love you dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It was so hard coming up with those! I asked Chely and she said "bossy"...*hmph* fine then. :P

      Delete
  2. I am crazy.obsessive. irrationally fearful (if that label didn't exist it does now).blessed.saved by grace.

    Hope you enjoy the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these! Thank you for sharing! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Wow, Rosi! I had no idea that you went through public school! I am encouraged to know that you stuck to everything you hold dear in our Savior during those hard years. As you know, I was homeschooled, and every time I thought of kids going to public school I'd shudder, but that is because of my ignorance. This makes me wonder, will you homeschool your own children when you have a family?

    I love Zinnias too! Mom and I have to have them in the garden every year, otherwise, it just looks a little colorless and bare. This year however, one of my sisters accidentally "weeded" up all of the young zinnia sprouts so we don't have any. Thankfully though, we do have a great quantity of black-eyed susans, so it still looks pretty. :)

    One random fact about me is that I love to pray directly after I wake up in the mornings. It is a practice I have just recently adopted, and it always sets me up for the day.

    Many blessings to you, dear!

    Jessica, the Eldest Sister & Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a tough place to be! I shudder now too and it is only by our Heavenly Father's great grace that I am here serving Him! I will most DEFINITELY (by His will, of course!) be homeschooling my children! Having personally experienced the liberties of school and seeing first-hand what kinds of things go on in there, sending them to public school would be like sending them into a lion's den & certainly not something I want to do!

      That is too funny about your flowers being mistaken! And thank you for sharing that random fact! I love prayer in the morning too!

      Delete
  4. Shoulders is a beautiful song! I really enjoyed this post and getting to know you more =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for answering all those questions Rosi! I prefer rainy days too; it's amazing how the weather affects mood and atmosphere.

    I like your spin on the tag too - adding five random facts, and we did so want to know them. :) And your sewing has inspired me now - I really ought to do some. It's just my procrastinator in action. :P Maybe you could share some photos of your sewing projects?

    And I must also add - the first photo is so cute! Has your dog had puppies? And your top in the last photo is nice - dots are my favourite!

    Random fact about me: This is one of the longest comments I've ever written. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, I had thought about sharing sewing projects and now I definitely will :)

      Yes! That is one of my dog, Bella's puppies! She has 7 this time {though one sadly died :'( }

      I loved your comment! Thank so so so much for taking time to comment!!! Blessing to you!

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! Especially that first picture. Love how you described your editing/photography style, you always have such lovely images, you do things so beautifully!
    Wonderful read, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though it was hilarious how the puppy has silly eyes too! LOL!

      Thank you for commenting, Abigail! I love your photo style too!

      Delete
  7. I loved reading the beautiful pieces of your heart...the fun, random joys which make you such a lovely friend and daughter of the Lord! Your photos are so beautiful, as they always are! {And yes. Print pictures. All the pictures. Everytime. hahaha, can you tell I'm obsessed with printing too?!?!! Favorite thing ever!}
    *hugs*
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete