April 9, 2014

Our Spring Garden | Update No. 1

8 comments , , Share It:










I know that the last three posts have been spring related, but what can I say? I just love spring! Spring has definitely made its presence known and brought along with her the wonderful days of being barefoot, bright blue skies, sunshine (maybe a little too much?), color everywhere...did I mention I love spring?

This is one of many garden updates I hope to post (Yahweh (Lord) willing) which I am so excited about! We've been so blessed to have an abundance of fruit trees this year and my dream of having a flower only garden has finally come true. I am by no means a great gardener but I do enjoy it greatly!

 This is actually just a small part of our gardens, but the rest are still sprouting but will hopefully be making an appearance in future updates!


Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in Yahweh, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
-Habbakkuk 3:17-18

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden, Rosi! And yes, I've been enjoying spring a lot this year too...almost looking forward to the summer days though too...cant believe I'm saying that. shh don't remind me when I complain about the heat. ;-)

    love you!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm looking forward to the idea of summer...you know, ice cream, lemonade, swimming, that sort of thing, but definitely not the weather! love you too!

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous photography, as usual! I don't really find myself prone to working out of doors much (I'm more of a computer geek than a gardener), though when I do push myself to get down in amongst the weeds and dirt, I find the work so fulfilling! Oh, and flower gardens are the very best :)

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree! gardening is very satisfying, especially when harvesting the work of your hands :) thanks for commenting Charlotte! :)

      Delete
  3. ah, the first soft days of spring have deepened into a lovelier, more bright time. Wonderful pictures. The new buds and fresh heads of flowers peaking up from the earth bring a joy to my heart.
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, i was wondering if you've ever recieved the Liebster Blog award?
      I have nominated you, but if you don't wish to participate, that's perfectly Ok!
      have a great day :)
      ~Abigail

      Delete
    2. you have a wonderful way with words, Abigail! :) thank you so much for your lovely comment :) and thank you so much for nominating me for the blog award, I really appreciate you thinking of me! If I get a chance I will definitely try to participate!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad to know that you will be posting more about your garden Rosi! I, unlike my sisters, revel in being outside, soaking in the sunshine (the more the better!), planting little beings of beauty, and tending to them as they grow! God called man to tend the garden. That was one of the first commandments we were given to fulfill. Out of the ground was man made, and over it he must care and watch, making sure that his earthly domain be presentable to our Creator. This is one of my favorite parts from the book of Genesis, don't you agree?

    I can't wait to see more! You capture your own little domain so carefully through your lens! It looks like a lovely little haven of growth and abundance!

    Fondly in Christ,

    Jessica
    The eldest sister & singer

    ReplyDelete